Dr. Lampson has over 20 years experience providing individual, couples, family, and group therapy. Does experience make a difference? The research indicates that experience shortens the length of therapy and streamlines the process. Experience also seems to help with diagnosis in more complex cases in which a person may be dealing with more than one thing such as trauma and an eating disorder.
Dr. Lampson sees a wide variety of patients, most of whom have some degree of anxiety or depression, however, she has some special interest areas:
- People who would like couples therapy.
- People who have experienced trauma. Dr. Lampson uses EMDR with people interested in this thearpy, but employs other therapies to treat trauma as well.
- People who have chronically dieted without being able to maintain weight loss
- People with eating disorders - anorexia nervosa, bulimia, binge eating disorder, muscle dysmorphia.
- People who are interested in integrating their faith with their psychotherapy
Dr. Lampson also loves to present talks and workshops on the following topics:
- The Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- The Healing Power of Connection (building connection and coping with loneliness)
- body image
- eating disorders
- self-harm and eating disorders
- how to lead support groups
- what it means to be a psychologist